Daisy.
She has claimed Zoe as her own and always makes sure she is ok and will watch her.
When we come home. Daisy is right there waiting to sniff her baby just to make sure.
The other night, Kurt's parents and aunt were over. Zoe was hungry and as I was feeding her, Daisy had to make sure I was doing it right. She after all is a professional. She had 4 puppies almost 2 years ago.
Then when it was grandpa's (or crap-pa as Aubrey so affectionately calls him. ;) ) turn to hold Zoe, Daisy had to make sure he was doing it properly. She loves her baby and has to be certain she is being well taken care of.
Finally Aunt Patti got her turn for some baby snuggling. And who do you think was there supervising.
Now she is not aggressive or mean in any way. She just likes to observe to see what you are doing to HER baby. When Zoe cries, Daisy is right there to look at her and see what is going on. It is so cute. Daisy sleeps in our bed, and the bassinet/Pack N Play is pushed up next to our bed. During the first few days, everytime Zoe would cry or make a peep, Daisy would get up and peek into the bassinet to see what was wrong.She loves her little sister and is the best supervisor.
Just know that if you come over and want to hold her baby.. you will be watched and possibly judged.. who knows. :)
4 comments:
I'm glad that Zoe doesn't resemble her big sister ;) Ahh...that Daisy! She has such maternal instincts.
this is HYSTERICALLY cute. roxie was so curious but indifferent when we brought henry home. and was severally annoyed by the crying in the middle of the night. a dog's got to sleep right??? =)
That is too cute! Bella was not that interested in Peyton, I think she is more annoyed by him, but Peyton absolutely loves her! They make good play mates =)
Wow I am not a dog person so I can't figure out how dogs are so intuitive..that is soo cute!! And I love the photo of you two cuddling up!!! Glad you are truly enjoying this special time!
Post a Comment