I was in labor. wow
but before I go there, lets back-track a little further shall we?
Friday April 10th, I had a doctors appointment in which they told me some exciting news. This came as quite a shock considering I was only 37 weeks and 5 days along. But of course we were soooo excited to hear it. I had only had some minor cramping the day before and a few contractions.
I was still having contractions on Saturday and was starting to get excited and nervous. We packed our bags for the hospital and made sure everything was ready.
Sunday was Easter. We got up and went to sunrise service, which was amazing and beautiful. I was still feeling some cramping that morning, but was fine to go to church. I had contractions on and off all day on Sunday. It was very hard to hide it from my family. I didn't want anyone to make a big deal out of it just in case it was a false alarm. I mean after all, I was 2 weeks early. That just doesn't happen often for first pregnancies.
My contractions were coming every five minutes apart and lasting about 30 seconds. But I would only have them for about 30 minutes and then they would stop for a few hours. This happened all day and all night for the most part. VERY frustrating.
I had a few more contractions on Monday the 13th, but by the afternoon, they had almost completely stopped. I was mostly just uncomfortable all day.
I was so discouraged and disappointed. Which was silly because, again I was 2 weeks early.
When Kurt got home from work, I was tired so tired. I was sad because I was not in labor, feeling a little silly because I thought I WOULD be in labor at only 38 weeks, and tired because I didn't sleep the night before and was to uncomfortable to take a nap during the day.
At about 8:30, I started having contractions again. We were timing them and again, they were every 5 minutes apart and lasting the same as they had before.
This time, they were getting stronger and I was having to breathe through them a little. But they were not HORRIBLE like people described. So we timed and and hour went by.
I was still having them... I thought this might be it. If any case we could at least go to the hospital and get checked to see if I WAS in labor. But we decided to wait it out a little longer.
I had previously decided that I wanted to labor at home and be comfortable as long as possible. So we went for a little walk around the neighborhood. After the walk, I decided I wanted to take a shower because my back was hurting.
It was about 10pm when I got out of the shower, I was about the get dressed when it happened...
My water broke.. a slow little trickle.
Oh crap.. this is it! was all I could think.. Kurt and I stood there staring at each other for a second.
3 comments:
eeeeeeeeeee! your long-awaited story! so exciting! keep it coming!
....he he....love the cliff hanger.
That is SERIOUSLY not a stopping point in a story! But I am loving the story so far =) I hope part 2 is coming soon ...?!?!
Post a Comment