Friday, April 10, 2009

Place your bets..

Ok so there really won't be an actual betting, but it makes for a fun title.

We had our Dr appointment as I mentioned earlier. We were a little late to we had to wait FOREVER! But that is no one's fault other than our own.

The official verdict:

I am 2 cm dialated and 90% effaced! WHAT?! Seriously?!

She says that she would not be suprised if I went into labor this weekend. I guess my husband could actually be right. lol
I am 37 weeks and 5 days. We are really excited, but still trying not to be too anxious. I started having major contraction pains on Wednesday after lunch. Before that, my stomach would just feel tight and uncomfortable. Now they feel like cramps, with the tightening and and achy pain in my back. Obviously they were doing some work!
So to be on the safe side, we took a few photos in Kim's backyard... Just in case. ;)
The baby has dropped quite a bit and she said the head is "right there." You can see how low my belly looks. I will say that it is so nice to be able to breathe.

So here is where you come in... Place your vote on whether it will be a boy or a girl and when you think I will pop this kid out. I will try to think of something fabulous to give away.. but I can't make any promises!

In the mean time.. I have lots of work to do.. first thing: pack my hospital bag.

9 comments:

the LaGore family said...

I'm guessing a boy on Tuesday. No real reasoning, just my guess. I'm so excited for you guys!

Olive Oyl said...

Oh my gosh, Alisha! This post mad me teary eyed. I can remember the excitement of my last doctor's appointment when she said I was almost 3 centimeters and could go any time. I was walking on air! By midnight of that very same night I was awake timing my contractions and by 6 am we were walking up to the doors of the hospital to have our sweet son! SO THRILLING FOR YOU! I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOUR NEW BABY!

My guess is a sweet little Zoe girl. :) A wee little girlfriend for Swee'Pea. And I guess this Sunday... Easter Sunday. :)

bandofbrothers said...

Oh wow, Alisha, it must have been all that embroidering that sent you into labor!

I can't believe how fast you are progressing, so exciting.

I have no idea, but I guess either a boy or girl...

jk. let's say..........boy.

next thursday.

Lisa said...

Wow! You are workin' it!

I guess Easter morning and a girl.

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh yippee! I am so excited for you! I am guessing a boy NEXT Sunday ... a week from Easter =)

Anonymous said...

I say Tues. or Weds. morning. A precious little Zoe. that way Kurt doesn't have to take back all the little girl outfits. LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

You and Cory were both born on a Sunday, so I have to say Sunday!!! April 12??? April 19??? April 26???........ Preferance (HEALTHY)
How are you feeling? Just kidding, I promised not to ask that every five seconds!!!LOL Love you, Mom

themurphys said...

Alisha..so sad to have missed your shower but yay...that little one is almost here! Okay, I guess this Tuesday..and i'll be specific. 7pm on the dot :0 ... a little MISTER Thompson! :)

Barbie said...

Yes, I was hoping that you would hold off till today so I could join the blogging world! I'm so darn excited that I do want to call you every 2 minutes to ask how you're feeling. I'm not as nice as your mama. ;)

So my prediction (I think it's the same as the one that I made earlier) is Monday and boy. Not sure why. Of course, Aubrey is SURE that it's a girl, so she's probably right. Oh, and, eventhough I'll be jealous if you just "pop" this little one out super easily, I'm praying that you do. That everything goes smoothly and quickly and, of course, that you both are healthy!