Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Due Date!

Today was my due date. It seems surreal that I was still supposed to be pregnant. I know that I am so lucky and truly blessed that my sweet baby girl came early.

We have been loving every minute of this squishy little face. She is just so sweet.

This was taken last week when she wasn't feeling great because of jaundice.
This makes my heart melt. Kurt has been the best daddy. He has been waiting on me and at my beckon call ever since we got home. He gets up and changes diapers in the middle of the night because I was not able to get up and down very well.
This is my sweet little baby girl right now. This is who she is and what she does all day and pretty much all night. She sleeps at least one four hour stretch at night. Praise God! She gets a little fussy when she is hungry or needs to be changed. She loves to be swaddled, but also loves her hands by her face and on her head. We are truly blessed with such a good, sweet baby. We love her so much already. It is amazing hoe much you can love someone so much that you did not know two weeks ago even two hours ago. I was in love with her sweet face from the moment I saw her. Those lips and cheeks are edible!


Last but not least.. a belly pic! What would a due date post be without one right? There still is a little belly there, so this still qualifies... right?


8 comments:

Barbie said...

Why did you go and make me cry? She is so precious and you both are great parents. Such a blessing!

Olive Oyl said...

She is just amazing. I have been in agony that I haven't been able to meet her in person yet. Dang these sickey germs we have over here! I'm finally feeling better and I can't wait to hold her sweetness when I bring you dinner this week! You have such a precious angel and you are such a beautiful mommy!

Anonymous said...

ooooo she just has the squishiest little lips and cheeks! Love her!

I know what you mean by how much you can love. As soon as Jillian came out this intense feeling of love smothered me. It was crazy!

bandofbrothers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mommy Diffee said...

Oh Alisha you look amazing! And Chloe is just perfect! You and Kurt make such a great team =) XOXO

Brent and Julie said...

She is beautiful! AND count yourself lucky...I was still pregnant on my due date and 2 days after.

Talia said...

ohhhhh, she is just so cute and so precious. Those lips and cheeks!! Munch munch.

you look amazing... 7 weeks later and I'm still sporting way more belly than I'd like. :)

you seem to be settling into your new role as mom so naturally and easily! It's wonderful to see! So happy for you.

bandofbrothers said...

when my boys came early, i felt the same way about my due date...i was so happy to meet my babies and i could not even imagine waiting a second longer.

i LOVELOVE the photo of Kurt and ZOE post bathtime. It is so precious to see Kurt being such a natural!

ZOE is so sweet and adorable and I am so happy to hear how much you are enjoying her. These are precious times!

and you look fantastic!

sorry about ther deleted comment. eeek. Zoe!