Sunday, April 13, 2008

Feelin Bloggy..

Here I am at work... again. And I, for some reason, feel the need to blog. Maybe it is the lack of customers and things to do, or maybe I just feel the need to update you in my oh so crazy life. :)
So here is the update on Kurt's job situation:
We heard from the company that wants to hire him and they are not sure if they want to hire him as an MWD (note: I would explain to you what that is, but I am not even sure that I know what the job entails. I know that he would be gone on a rig a lot.) Anyways, they may want to hire him on as a Well Planner. He would be plotting wells in a computer to decide where to drill next. This means that he will be working in an office IN TOWN!!! That is so nice to know that if he does gets this job I will stil get to see him everyday. We are still not sure if he will get it or not, we should know this week sometime. I will be sure to keep you posted.

On a completely different note, I took my CBEST yesterday. I was so stressed the night before. I was looking online for practice tests, wondering what I had gotten myself into. (note 2: people had told me how easy it was, but being the over-analyzer that I am, I was not so sure that I would find it so easy.) I mean, I have always been good at school, unmotivated at times, but still good. :) I was scared to death that I would fail. But then I looked at the practice tests and started laughing. -- There I was in the office, laughing at myself (quietly so Kurt would not think that I had gone mental). I had expressed to him that I was stressed, and being the loving and supportive husband that he is, he told me I was being silly and not to worry. :)
So I took the test, and it really was easy! I was so relieved as I was going through it. As I think back now, I really did not have a problem with any of the questions. I will get my results in a few weeks. I guess I just have to wait to see how I did.
Well, I think I should get back to work now.

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I've been asking Kim about the job thing. Thanks for the update. This other job sounds better for your marriage. How is the pay?...you don't have to answer that on here, but I mean, is it better or worse than the other job?

I agree about the CBEST, but don't say that to too many people...lots of people actually fail! I found out the hard way! I think that was the first standardized test I ever got a perfect score on (the english portion). The CSET is not quite so easy ;)

Kim said...

LOL! Be glad you didn't find the practice tests. I did the practice tests and FAILED, I was terrified by the time I went to take the test.I'd been out of school for 15 years when I took it. When I took the test I realized it was nothing like the practice tests and passed without a problem.