I have officially been married for one month and 3 days. A month ago, Kurt and I were in Catalina Island shopping, eating, and playing the best round of miniature golf I have ever played. (Which I won... by 1 stroke.. or point.. or however you want to keep score) Our honeymoon was great; we had so much fun. It was also nice just to relax.. except for the fact that Kurt thought he was going to be busted for the fruit that his mom gave us to take on our trip. But that is another story completely.
So when we got back I felt like we were non-stop, in fact I still feel that way. First, we had to visit with family, which was so nice to get to be back home and with family again. We got, back on Friday, had a BBQ on Saturday, and hung out with family on Sunday as well. Then, on Monday I had to go back to school and Kurt went back to work. (Bummer) The next weekend was Easter, which was celebrated on Saturday and Sunday. The next week, Jacob came home, so we were at Kurt's parents everynight that he was in town. It was so nice to see him after almost 2 years. I just wish it was 2 weeks earlier so he could have come to the wedding. We teased him about missing out and that all of a sudden when he got home he has a neice and a sister-in-law. It was pretty funny, because after about 2 days of being home, he looked at me and just said, "You are my sister-in-law." I asked, "What it just hit you?" He said, "Yep."
So after Jacob went back up north to earn some money, which was last friday, we have been shopping with our wonderful Target gift cards and trying to get our house decorated and organized. Our stuff is everywhere after I moved in. Now this weekend was my friend Danielle's Bridal Shower. And next weekend is her wedding. Will it ever end? This neverending to-do list is driving me crazy. All I want to do is... nothing. But I know that will never happen.. so I spend my days going to school, working, doing homework, running errands, cleaning... etc.
Welcome to married life?
5 comments:
Ain't life wonderful? LOL,it does seem that your first year of marriage should be a time to enjoy each other without the pressures of work, school and all the other stresses of everyday life.
Hey! I can't read this very well cuz the print and the background color are almost the same. Help! Aunt Marti
Hey! I can't read the blog because the print and the background are almost the same color. Help!
Hi Newly Weds!!
I just stumbled on your blog. How nice to keep in touch. Even Julie is with us in Colorado.
Best to keep busy. Idle hands and you just get in trouble. Holly sure isn't idle lately.
It is nice to hear your plans and Kurts. Good luck. I hope to see you again soon.
Aunt Lynn
Sounds like it's been a busy month. It comes in seasons. Hey thanks for calling me yesterday. My sis and I went to my dads for a picnic. Next Monday we should do lunch though. That was fun :)
Post a Comment