Monday, April 13, 2009

No news is good news right?

Wrong...

I have been having contractions all weekend.. and still no baby. We all thought it would happen either last night or early this morning.

Last night I woke up every 2 hours, would have contractions every 5 minutes or so for about 20-30 minutes, then nothing and would go back to sleep. This happened every.two.hours... not fun. My poor husband was in that half asleep half alert stage all night and everytime I would sigh or move he would wake up and ask if I was ok. Needless to say he was very tired this morning and had to drag himself out of bed to go to work.

He kept asking me if he needed to stay home or if he should go to work.. I think he wanted me to tell him to stay home because I was having this kid.. NOW! But I didn't, so off he went.

So with several more hours of off and on again contractions.. here I sit uncomfortable from by dropping baby (which dropped even lower on Sunday) and the irregular or kind of regular contractions which are getting stronger.. which is a good thing.

I am disappointed that I am not in labor yet, but then I think about it and realize that I am still early and would be one of the lucky ones if I had this little baby anytime before my due date. Which is still 14 days away. So I guess I should be happy and patient. :) This baby will come when it is ready.. even though its mama is ready now.

3 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

i will be praying for you! thanks so much for the update. i wanted to call, but thought it would be annoying after a while, LOL. Hang in there! can hardly wait:)

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh dear Alisha I know how you are feeling! Just know this is the really hard part ... waiting. I was LATE with Peyton so I really really really understand! Do you want to go to lunch tomorrow to take your mind off of it??? XOXO

Sara said...

I heard there is a baby but I know no details. I'm dying over here!

I feel for you. This is exactly how my first labor went. Contractions for days. We were exhausted by the time it was finally the real thing. The funny thing is, when I went in to be induced, they told me I was already in labor and at a 4. I didn't even know it because I'd been having contractions for so many days and it felt no different. You will need some major rest and recovery now. Take all the help you can get! :)