Saturday, March 7, 2009

Progress

My husband has been working around the house and in the yard like crazy for the past couple of weekends. His bother Justin even came over and helped him paint the first half of the nursery. It took a couple more days after that for the bottom half to get painted.

But it is finished! He is working so hard to get everything finished before the baby gets here. We are also trying to get the front yard finished.. and will hopefully get flowers and plants next weekend. We have so many projects to do on top of trying to finish school. (only 2 more weeks and he is completely done!!!)

I really like the colors of the nursery. My mom and I also painted the chair rail that will separate the colors. But more on that when I get them put up. That is on the list for tomorrow.

We also picked up the crib last weekend, brought it home and found out it was the wrong one! Ugh so frustrating. The crib I had ordered is not in stock in the company warehouse that makes it and will not be until April 19th. (Um hello, I am due the 27th) It will then have to be shipped to the store and should get there about a week later, so around my due date, I will get my crib. The store was very nice and said we could keep the crib we have now until mine gets here and when it comes in, the will deliver the new crib, set it up, and take the wrong one away. Does it get any nicer than that. So we will probably put together the crib tomorrow. It is the same color and almost the same style as the one I wanted, so it will do for now. :)

A little more progress that has been going on around here is a growing belly. I am 33 weeks! Seriously 33!! Where did the time go? Baby Thompson is very active.. VERY active. It moves and stretches all the time. I love feeling each movement... until those movements involve my organs and ribs.
I feel huge. I know that I am not very big, mainly because people comment on how tiny my belly is, maybe they are lying.. hmm who knows. (Thank you for stroking my ego if you are ;) ) But I feel gigantic!

We also had a 4D ultrasound last week, which I will post pictures of soon. Our sweet little baby has the biggest cheeks. So cute. I can't wait! It is also transverse and we are hoping it will turn in the upcoming weeks. We have a doctor appointment on Tuesday, so I will have an update on what the plan will be.

3 comments:

Mommy Diffee said...

Yippee yippee yippee! Um ... I think our bumps are the same size! How sad is that?! You look amazing girlie! I am excited about your shower, I will have to leave early because I have a wedding later that afternoon, but I will be there! XOXO

bandofbrothers said...

you are tiny and perfect and adorable and beautiful and there is not one lie in there!so sorry about the crib mess up but that is so wonderful that they will let you keep the other one in the meanwhile. the color of the room is lookin' good!

Misha Cohen said...

You look soo cute!! I am happy for you two and that Aubrey will have a little Thompson cousin.

have a great day
xoxo
mish