It took a long time to get the house prepped and ready to lay the floors. We first had to paint all the walls and (big suprise) clean some more.
Here I am hard at work. ;) I didn't have a screwdriver.. so I used a knife to take off the outlet plates. I am so hardcore.

This is what we found when we pulled out the stove. Mmmm. That is not the knife I was using.. It was already there along with an egg shell, a baby spoon, refridgerator magnets and some lip gloss.

What is behind your stove? Makes you wonder huh?

Yuck!!

The new and improved fireplace!! Kurt had a lot of fun ripping out the other one. But he did not like having to patch up the big holes he made in the process.
It really does make a big difference in th room.

The view from the front door. Painting the entire house was quite the task. I helped as much as I could. I talked to my doctor and she said as long as it was well ventilated, I would be just fine. SO I just helped paint the main rooms with all the windows and doors open.

We wanted to paint the walls before we put the floors in because who wants to paint on brand new wood floors... not me. I am not that coordinated to not spill or splatter on the floor.

The painted kitchen.

And we cannot let the outside get neglected. We got new lights! I love them.

We did a lot of work in the house. We bought it in the beginning of October and finally moved in about a week and a half before Thanksgiving.
You can almost taste the finish product I know it!
4 comments:
It's looking so good! Now you guys will have to show off what you do with the tools you bought in the yard. :)
Impressive! It has sure come a LONG way!
Is it weird that I vomited a bit in my mouth when you showed what was behind that stove!?
I am so impressed by all the work you guys did. Seriously. I don't know if I would have the energy or motivation to keep going after I pulled out that stove! :)
I LOVE your outside lights! Can't wait to see more!
I can't wait till you shock your readers with the transformation! Keep them coming!
Post a Comment