Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh the Potential

We did not get our keys today. The lender still needs a verification of employment from Kurt's old job. They failed to tell us that they still needed things yesterday when they said we would close today. But that is just the way it is going to happen and we can't do anything to hurry it along. So instead of good news of us getting the keys.. I will show you the potential my home has. It may look something like this one day.

After "apple picking" on Saturday, we all went to the model homes on the other side of town. Barbie said they had our floor plan in a model and we decided to go look at it. Kurt and I are putting in all new floors in our new home and wanted to see what they model home had.

These are some photos of what that house looked like. You can see a little of the living floor plan. :)

This is the view of the front entry when you walk in. We will be getting hardwood floors much like these.
The living room and kitchen.


Tech center. Ours has no desk.. but we could have one like this.

The curtains Barbie and I are going to make for our houses. Mine will look like this.. and hers will be green instead of red.
I will post pictures of the house before we start the work. We took some the other day..but these make me happy. The list of projects that he have in store for this house is going to be a long one.


5 comments:

Kim said...

Very nice, it is going to be fun watching this house become yours.

Olive Oyl said...

I love how open and inviting it looks! So exciting Alisha!

And don't worry about the long list of things to do... we've been here 2 1/2 years and I swear my list grows by the second. But that is part of the fun of owning your own home... all the fun things you get to do to spruce it up! :)

bandofbrothers said...

wow, it looks so open and spacious! wonderful floor plan! i am so happy for you!

Brent and Julie said...

I love the floorplan. It is very open in the main living room. My cousin has the exact same floor plan two streets over from yours. He paid over $300,000 for his though.

Maybe I can join in on the curtain making. I really want new ones for my sliding door.

Talia said...

hey, I recognize this very well! I've been through those model homes a million times, since we built with Centex too. Actually, these modles are literally on the street behind our house. You and Barbie could have stopped in and said hello, you just didn't know it! :)
My good friends have this exact floor plan, and they LOVE it, it's a great one. Hooray for you! So exciting!