Hello blog.. have you missed me? I am sorry for neglecting you. Let me explain. I have been busy.. I know I know likely story but it is true.
So to start things off, I am sure you are all dying to know about our house situation. Well, since my last post, which by the way we heard nothing on that house at all, we put an offer in on another house a few streets over and WE GOT IT!!! We are well on our way to being home owners. We just got the inspection report back. There is an issue with the breaker box that made this deal feel like it was going to fall apart. But we talked to an electritian and he said it was not as big of a deal as the inspector had made it out to be. All in all, it will cost a couple hundred dollars to fix. So it looks like we will be moving into our beautiful 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, with a tech center house in early October. That is soooo soon!! Escrow is set to close October 2nd! But we think, as does the lender, that it will go over this date, but we do not have to pay any late fees so we are ok with that.
Also, the 16th was our "anniversary." We have been married for 6 whole months. We didn't celebrate or anything, just something we thought of as we were leaving dinner with my parents. We then started thinking about everything that has happened in the past 6 months. Let's recap, shall we?
New job, new truck, new house, new BABY!!!!
Sorry the picture is blurry. This was the little camera. But you get the point.
That's right folks, Kurt and I are joining the ranks of all you parents out there. We are so excited!
I feel like I am joining a secret club. Super secret mommy society. ;)
We had our first appointment on the 16th! We didn't get an ultrasound but we will get one when I am 12 weeks. I am currently 8 weeks.
I will fill you in on my experience later, because it is late and I am tired. I have been baking all day. Baking a bun in my own oven. But I can guarantee it is full of excitement, complete with trips to the ER and all. :)
14 comments:
Holy crap! You two are so grown up! I can't even get myself dressed in the morning...
Wow!!! congrats for you and Kurt...we are so excited for you. You two are so sweet and we are happy things are going so well for you!!!!! Can't wait to catch up sometime....josh lost all his phone#'s at Bass Lake and he got a new job with new cell phone...otherwise you would have heard from us...we love you and so happy for you!!!!
WOW!!!!!! Congrats!!!! Can I be like you when I grow up :) Motherhood is the best - so happy for you two! Enjoy the ride that is pregnancy :)
SUPER DUPER CONGRATULATIONS!!! you are gonna be the sweetest, cutest mama ever!!!
YOU FINALLY BLOGGED IT! YEAH! I"m so excited!
I love you friend, and can't wait to hang out with you and Kurt on Saturday night at Sammy's party!
Kim just told me that you finally updated! I can't believe you did it on my work day...I should have been the first comment since I usually check for this update numerous times daily ;)
CONGRATS! We love you!
Thank you guys.. We are soo excited! I am happy that I get to share it all with you guys! I know I am in good company and will get lots of advice. And I will need it! :)
you better post lots of belly pics!
Alicia! Congratulations on your pregnancy! And house! My goodness you have been busy, to say the least! How exciting- another Thompson baby. Kim seems like the most amazing Grandma. You feeling ok? Trips to the ER?? Oh no!
Okay...I went home from the party and read the blog. Again congratulations! Don't worry there are plenty of mommies at the Bridge who would love to give you helpful advice. Don't hesitate to ask!!!
P.S I added you to by blog list :)
It was so great to meet you guys also! I am SO excited about our small group! I wanted to tell you so badly the other night when you told me ... but we had not even told our families yet! But yes we will be really close ... we can even share fat clothes =) I have a ton of extras! See you next week at small group =)
wow! how exciting! congratulations....you're going to love being parents
I changed my blog address http://thediffeefam.blogspot.com/
Alisha,
Okay, I came home and did the official read to make sure I am up to date! :) And Congrats on the house too. Wooooohoooo! Welcome to our club! Love Jenn
Post a Comment