Monday, August 25, 2008

FINALLY!!!!

I am posting! Sorry I have lied to you all about my updates.. here I am reading all your wonderfully updated blogs and saying that I will fill you in on the happenings of my oh-so fun and exciting life.. and I have not.. I have failed you.... but fear not.. I am back! And here to explain.

Kurt and I are house-hunting... oh yes. It is all so exciting, disappointing, disgusting, frustrating, and heart-breaking all in one. I am sure all of you know what I am talking about. A lot of the houses we like, one in particular, are Short sales. This means that the owners are trying to sell the house for less that they owe the bank before it goes into forclosure. These types of sales are nothing but short... they take months sometimes even over a year for the bank to approve the sale of that particular property. And frankly.. we just don't have that kind of time. So we have been looking for a house day and night. He gets home at like 5:30 so we go as soon as he gets off, until it is usually too dark to see the houses and the street that well. Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate this opportunity that we are getting to be able to buy our own house, but the process... oh the process is less than ideal. We have seen some real intersting houses out there.. let me tell you.

Well other than that.. I have been trying to get all my homework done for my online classes. They are almost done and I will be so happy when they are. Sunday will be when my last assignment is due and I will no longer be bound to this computer (Well other than to my addiction that is the blogging world)

I just thought I would update you a little on waht i have been doing these past couple of weeks. We have been meeting with lenders and looking frantically for a house. That has become my life.. and I am ok with it for now. :) I will let you know when we find something who knows it may be today.. I am going to show Kurt another house I found today.. We will see.

5 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

Oh, that is so exciting. I'm sorry that it's been frustrating, but just listening to you makes my veins race with anticipation for ya'll. Hurry up house! Get here!

Barbie said...

I almost peed my pants when I saw a new post...not that that would be unusual for me ;)

Can't wait for you to finally have a house. And just in time for fall flowers!

Marti said...

Love reading your posts and keeping up with yours and Kurt's life. There is a zest in your life and a flare for fun. Kurt is a lucky guy.

Olive Oyl said...

Yeah for an update!!! I missed you!

And I am so sorry about the whole house situation. I can't imagine how tough that must be. I've heard so many stories from friends of houses falling through, or finding a house you can finally get your hands on and then you walk inside and it is a disgusting disaster. I hope it goes better for you soon!!!

More updates! :)

Jason said...

I am so excited over a house for you Alicia! We're starting to look too and boy- it is a lot of pressure! You want to find the PERFECT one for the absolute best deal. Can't wait to find out where you land.